top of page

Analytical Intel LLC Group

Public·75 members
Gerald Njoora
Gerald Njoora

How To Buy Old Yearbooks

How To Buy Old Yearbooks ->>> https://urlin.us/2tmhlh

Old yearbooks available online can be found in many places. And below are some great places to search. Some require a subscription or payment, but not all. Some are free, some are easy to use, and some are not too great actually. Many of these are for the U.S. only, but some have Canadian yearbooks available in the collection.

I have been going through my memorabilia. And I have A LOT OF IT. When I came across my yearbooks, I wondered what should I do with them. What condition should they be in to donate them Today, I am going to share with you what I found. I hope this post gives you options on what to do with your old yearbooks.

The old yearbooks should be in well-maintained condition. No ripped pages. The pages should not be written on. No personal information should be written inside or outside the yearbook to protect your privacy. The spine of the yearbook should be in good condition, as well as no issue with the cover.

It never occurred to me to get rid of my yearbooks. Mine wouldn't be donation-worthy because like Julie's they are written in. Plus in high school, I was Art Editor my senior year and on on the yearbook art committee the other years. I want to keep them from that standpoint too.

The other thing they are great for is when or if you go to reunions. Before the last one I went to (10+ years ago), I looked through my yearbooks to remember names, faces, and experiences shared. Of course, most people don't look like they did in HS, but it was useful getting a crash course in history.

Intriguing to know there are so many options. It would never occur to me to get rid of a yearbook, but if I did, none of mine could be used in the matter described as every inch of white space around the photos (in my four high school yearbooks) is covered with inscriptions from friends and teachers. (My college yearbook is different, as we got it at the end of the year, but it's a fancy leather doohickey, and is basically a history book.)

I had 250 people in my own class, and friends ahead of and behind me, so there's hardly an inch of free space in any of the yearbooks, making it useless to anyone else even if I were willing to give up those personal messages. It never occurred to me that inscribing yearbooks on the photo pages wasn't universal, though, so I will bear these tips in mind for clients who have un-grafitti-ed yearbooks.

These are great ideas! I have all of my old yearbooks, but as my Dad gets older I have often wondered what I would do with his at some point. It would be fun to revisit his old high school to see if they would like a copy. Thank you so much for sharing all of these ideas!

I think I'll hold onto my yearbooks, at least for now. I have to say, I think most (if not all) of them have inscriptions along the inside covers. This was a "thing" we did, and often were given time after receiving the books during the day to go and get signatures. It was way more fun than going to class. So I'm guessing mine would not be candidates for donation anyway.

Yearbooks are one of those home sources, usually found in an attic or basement, which many people don't think of as a family history source. While yearbooks may not provide information about the vital events that are usually associated with genealogical research, they do provide other information about individuals' lives. This information helps place people in historical context as well as provides detail that helps turn individuals, sometimes only known by names and dates, into actual people. Here are some examples of how yearbooks may help you in your family history:

Updates:28 Jun 2019: Replaced old records with new updated records for most of the books found on the site. Added new records from 150k yearbooks that previously only had images available.16 Aug 2019: Added 3.8 million new records, as well as 30k new image-only books.19 Dec 2019: Added 317 million new records from existing books, comprised mostly of records of photos of classes, organizations, cl

https://www.smadlfire.com/group/smadl-group/discussion/b1cfce8c-395f-4cb5-b9a5-e6663ea0e083

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page